Free Lunch Program
Tonganoxie Middle School is very excited to once again be offering FREE Summer Meals for all kids and teens ages 1 to 18. The program, which is funded by U.S. Department of Agriculture will start May 23rd through July 22nd. (Closed on Memorial Day & Fourth of July) Meal times will be 11:30 am – 12:30 pm. Adult meals will be offered for $3.45.
To learn more or find a Summer Meal Program while traveling go to: www.tong464.org/Departments/SummerMealProgram.
The Summer Lunch Crew is very excited to feed the kids and teens throughout the summer. COME JOIN US!!! (Flyer) (Menu)
TES Book Buggy
TES Book Buggy
9:00 Swimming Pool May 25-July 6
10:15 Tonganoxie Neighborhoods May 25 – July 6
11:30 TMS (during lunch) May 25-July 20
Locations and times are subject to change. An all-district message will be sent weekly to update information. Additional Information click here
2016 THS Summer Volleyball Camp
Please see flyer for information regarding the 2016 THS Summer Volleyball Camp.
The district offers a variety of calendar options for our patrons
2015-16 Academic Year Calendar.
2016-17 Academic Year Calendar.
2017-18 Academic Year Calendar.
2015-16 Academic and Activities Calendar
Kaw Valley League/RSchoolToday High School Events Calendar - this subscription service will allow district patrons to view, search, filter and print a variety of calendars for high school events and activities. The calendar may also be accessed by going to www.kawvalleyleague.org then clicking Tonganoxie at the right side of the page.
Each building is responsible for the upkeep of their online athletics and events calendar, available by clicking the District Calendar link at the very top of the webpage, or going to the Schools menu then choosing the building.
Skyward Family Access Information
Needing some help with Skyward Family Access? Click here.
If your student will have to miss school or needs to leave school early for any reason, please contact the school's office as soon as possible to let them know.
- High School - 913-416-1465
- Middle School - 913-416-1475
- Elementary - 913-416-1485
Community activities and events that are not school district sponsored, but locally sponsored, are located on the “Electronic Backpack” tab.
Click here to go to Electronic Backpack tab.
At their September '12 meeting, the Board of Education approved new policies and procedures for requesting district facilities.
A Facility Use Packet has been developed to help patrons with the proper forms, contact information, and billing procedures.
If you currently use, or plan to use, district facilities, please take a look at the packet to help insure that the proper procedures are being followed. Feel free to print the packet so all the information is readily available.
To reserve a district facility:
- Call or visit the scheduling coordinator of the facility you wish to request. For TES, call Carlie Puhr at 913-416-1480. For TMS, call Mark Altman at 913 416-1470. For THS, (except the Chieftain Room) call Brent Smith at 913-416-1460. For the Chieftain Room, call Mary Welsh at 913-416-1460. They will be able to tell you if the facility is available when you need it.
- Once you have determined that the facility is available, fill out the Facility Request form and get a signature from the scheduling coordinator or administrator at the appropriate building.
- Send the completed and signed form, and insurance waiver if required, to Bill Seymour at the District Administrative Center. Fees will be assessed and you will be contacted about payment to secure the facility.
Primary source of information for school closings is the media outlets listed below. As a secondary source, you may receive an email and/or text via Schoolmessenger.
Not sure you are receiving Schoolmessenger text messages? From your cellular phone, send Y or Yes to 68453. You should receive a confirmation text within a few minutes.
KCTV 5 (KSMO)
WDAF (Fox 4 KC)
KMBZ (AM 980)
KCUR (FM 89.3)
WIBW (TV 13)
|92.9 The Bull|
|Tonganoxie Mirror||Twitter @tongie464|
If you are the parent or guardian of a student, you can receive SchoolMessenger texts on your cell phone if you don't already. To enroll in the SchoolMessenger texting system:
- Make sure your cell is listed as the primary phone number in your student's Skyward account. Most non-emergency SchoolMessenger announcements are sent to the primary phone only. (If that is a land line, it will obviously not receive any texts). SchoolMessenger draws its contact information from Skyward, so accurate numbers are critical. For emergencies and school cancelations, all phone numbers are contacted, including the home, cell, primary, and work numbers. That's why sometimes you receive a text and sometimes you don't.
- Use that cell phone to text Y or Yes to 68453. You should receive a confirmation text within a few minutes.