Quick Links
Skip to main contentSkip to navigation

Tonganoxie USD 464

Student Health Information


Ajax Loading Image


If you have questions about your student's health or issues related to their physical fitness, feel free to contact one of our school nurses. They are:

TES: Courtney Wagner, RN, (913) 416-1480 or cwagner@tong464.org
THS/TMS: Heather DeMaranville, RN, (913) 416-1470 (TMS) and (913) 416-1460 (THS) or hdemaranville@tong464.org

The state of Kansas provides information on immunizations requirements for students attending Kansas schools for each school year.

The state has also provided an immunization record to help keep track of a student's immunization schedule.

For additional student health information, feel free to visit the Kansas Department of Health and Environment website.

If your child will need to have medication administered during the school day, please contact the school nurse to make arrangements. The proper form will be required in order for any student to take medication while at school.

  • Permission for Medication: if the medication is a prescription, The medication must be brought to school in the original container, appropriately labeled by the pharmacy or physician, stating the student's name, name of the medication, dosage required, and times it is to be administered.
  • Permission for Non-Prescription Medication: for an over the counter or non-controlled medication. The medication is to be brought to school in the original container. The school reserves the right to limit parent-authorized medications to be given for a total of ten doses and to require health care provider orders for its continued use.
  • Permission for Self-Administration of Medication: in addition to one of the above documents. The medication must be brought to school in the original container and stored in the office. Controlled substances may not be self-administered. Parental permission must be renewed annually. 

If your child has been diagnosed with fifth disease, or if you are wondering what the symptoms might be, information is available at the following CDC website.

The Elementary School requires a physical/certification of health of all incoming students. There is no specific form required; any certification of health or physical form provided by a doctor's office or clinic is sufficient.

In order to participate in any inter-scholastic activities at the middle school or high school level, a student must show that they are healthy enough to compete and do not have any underlying physical issues that would endanger their health. To that end, the Kansas State High School Activities Association (KSHSAA) requires a Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation Form to be completed each year by each participating student, their parent/guardian, and a qualified physician. Failure to complete the form and associated documents and turn it in to the school office will render the student ineligible to compete or participate in any way in school athletics.

Bureau of Vital Statistics/Birth Certificate Request