Free Early Childhood Developmental Screenings
As part of the Tonganoxie Basehor-Linwood Special Education Cooperative (TBLSEC) our future students are eligible for free developmental screenings offered once a month at convenient locations in Tonganoxie, Basehor, and Linwood. Children ages birth through five years can be checked for motor development, hearing, vision, personal/emotional and cognitive development, and communication skills.
To schedule an appointment for any of the monthly screenings, please call 913-724-2348.
If your student will have to miss school or needs to leave school early for any reason, please contact the school's office as soon as possible to let them know.
- High School - 913-845-3042
- Middle School - 913-845-2627
- Elementary - 913-845-2290
The district offers a variety of calendar options for our patrons.
2014-15 and 2015-16 Academic Year Calendars - 2 pages. This two-year schedule now allows families to plan far into the future!
A 16-page Athletics and Activities Calendar - This calendar is designed primarily for parents and patrons. It contains the school-year schedule as well as athletic events, school activities, meetings, and a variety of other information.
Printed copies of these calendars will be available at the start of school at the District Administrative Center and in the school buildings. An updated monthly calendar will also be available in the buildings.
This online calendar is updated as changes occur; it will always be more accurate than the printed version.
Kaw Valley League/RSchoolToday High School Events Calendar - this subscription service will allow district patrons to view, search, filter and print a variety of calendars for high school events and activities. The calendar may also be accessed by going to www.kawvalleyleague.org then clicking Tonganoxie at the right side of the page.
Each building is responsible for the upkeep of their online athletics and events calendar, available by clicking the District Calendar link at the very top of the webpage, or going to the Schools menu then choosing the building.
School Start and End Times for 2014-2015
Here are the bell schedules for the 2014-15 school year:
At their September '12 meeting, the Board of Education approved new policies and procedures for requesting district facilities.
A Facility Use Packet has been developed to help patrons with the proper forms, contact information, and billing procedures.
If you currently use, or plan to use, district facilities, please take a look at the packet to help insure that the proper procedures are being followed. Feel free to print the packet so all the information is readily available.
To reserve a district facility:
- Call or visit the scheduling coordinator of the facility you wish to request. For TES, call Carlie Puhr at 913-845-2290. For TMS, call Mark Altman at 845-2627. For THS, (except the Chieftain Room) call Brent Smith at 845-3042. For the Chieftain Room, call Mary Welsh at 845-2654. They will be able to tell you if the facility is available when you need it.
- Once you have determined that the facility is available, fill out the Facility Request form and get a signature from the scheduling coordinator or administrator at the appropriate building.
- Send the completed and signed form, and insurance waiver if required, to Bill Seymour at the District Administrative Center. Fees will be assessed and you will be contacted about payment to secure the facility.
In the event that we have weather that would require an early dismissal or school cancelation, we will send a School Messenger notification using the contact information in your student's file. This website will offer up-to-date information, and we will also notify the following media:
KCTV 5 (KSMO)
WDAF (Fox 4 KC)
KMBZ AM 980
KCUR FM 89.3
WIBW TV 13
|92.9 The Bull|
|Twitter - @BOEVal||Click on any of the links then bookmark that site for future reference.|